25 February 2023
Road race routes
To ensure the safety of athletes and spectators, there are a handful of Games events that will involve some short temporary road closures. The Games Organising Committee understands that these closures will cause some disruption, but it is hoped that the advance notice will allow people to plan ahead. It will also be a great opportunity for residents to have a front-row seat on world-class competition, and we encourage people to put out flags and bunting.
The Organising Committee and sports have been working closely with Traffic and Highway Services on this for many months and we have informed parish officials. The member islands have now submitted final entry numbers which is enabling us to fine tune our plans and timings.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained at all times along the affected routes.
- Pedal bikes can be walked along the routes, and we will look at provision for wheel chairs, pushchairs, assisted chairs etc.
- Fully trained marshals will line all routes and will be able to assist with access.
- At some areas and times, vehicles will be able to cross over routes under the guidance of our marshals. Further details will be released on this.
- We are looking at parking areas for spectators and residents and will issue further information on this.
- We are working with Traffic and Highway Services and the Signs and Lines department to produce a comprehensive plan for signage well ahead of the event.
- We have been working with JESCC to ensure emergency services will have full access.
- The road race on Wednesday 12 July will be a rolling road closure on the L’Eree circuit which means that vehicles will be able to travel one way behind the convoy. Full details will be released.
- We are in liaison with schools on the routes (La Hougette and Guernsey Grammar School and Sixth Form Centre) and will issue details regarding school pick-ups.
- All road closures will be removed as soon as it is safe to do so.
We will post regular updates on this website as we progress with the planning, and we will issue further communications with final timings and details nearer to the event.
Anyone with any queries regarding the closures is welcome to contact the Games Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01481 720215.
Triathlon Sunday 9 July 8am–5.30pm
Time Trial Monday 10 July 9am–1pm
Road Race Wednesday 12 July 8.30am–2.45pm
Town Criterium Friday 14 July 8am–5.30pm
Half Marathon Friday 14 July 8am-5.30pm