Cycling has been part of the NatWest International Island Games since the inaugural Games of 1985 and has featured in all but one of the Games since then. Various routes around the Island will be used for the 2023 cycling events. Final route information will be issued in due course. For the by-laws and previous results, please click here.
Subject to change
Mountain Bike Criterium
Mountain Bike Cross Country
- Cycling Time Trial event will start with a 3km descent from race HQ to the West coast road, riders will then cover a 26 km loop up and down the flat West coast of the island, before climbing back up the 3km hill to the finish line. Riders will start at one-minute intervals.
- The Road Race is a mass start event requiring riders to complete multiple laps of a combination of two circuits. The finishing circuit of about 7 km has two testing climbs just before the finish line .
- Road Criteriums are competed over a number of laps of a town centre course. These races are based on time, not a specific number of laps.
- The Mountain Bike Cross Country events will be contested over an undulating course with a number of technical sections to test the skill of the riders.
- Mountain Bike Criteriums, Delancey Park will provide an exciting race venue for both riders and spectators, with a variety of terrain that will produce an excellent race course.