The Fort Le Marchant range is set on the coast looking north, on L’Ancresse Common.
Fort Le Marchant has had a fort of some description on this site since around 1680. However, towards the end of the 18th century fears of a French invasion grew, and the expansion of the fort was completed in 1805. A large barracks was also built here in 1854 however these have since been demolished.
The area is popular with walkers. Red flags will be flown when shooting is taking place.